the move to custom xml

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Tue Apr 8 15:07:08 PDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:55:30 +0000 (UTC)
sk at sethwklein.net (Seth W.Klein) wrote:

> Alex Groenewoud <krisp at wanadoo.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Some months ago there was talk of converting the book to custom XML
> > to escape the horrors of DocBook.  As I suppose version 4.1 won't
> > be released until April 28th, now seems to be the ideal time to do
> > that conversion.  I guess Seth is all set to begin the attack.
>
> <snipped stuff about automated LFS building>

Errmm...I thought Alex's question was about the LFS-Book source format?
You know...what the book is written in - was DocBook, now Latex I think,
and might be LFSML in the future.  What you wrote was all about using XML
to build LFS, not to write the book's content in, or have I got completely
the wrong end of the stick (not for the first time!)?  Admittedly I
realise that an XML authored book might make it easier to get the
build-commands out of in an automated fashion, but I don't think this was
the gist of the OP's question.

Regards,

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org