Listar (Re: Formal notice)

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Tue Apr 8 15:25:32 PDT 2003

> On April 7, 2003 03:58 pm, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> >
> > On the other hand, people like me actually prefer getting the off-list
> > duplicate of direct replies. I wish you would use a script that deletes
>
> Scripts and filters are not the issue at hand. I can easily setup a filter or
> use en existing setup to weed out those duplicates. But I can't really do
> that. When something 'urgent' is going on, people sometimes to CC: me as well
> as the list. I don't always check the lists on a per-minute basis so there's
> a few days lag sometimes before I get to read an email that required my
> immediate attention a few days ago. If duplicates are removed, I'd lose that
> "feature" if you will (Seth, you yourself have done this by CC'ing when there
> are somewhat urgent things to be dealt with).

In other words, you need this list to function as if it didn't munge
the reply-to header. I'm serious. Here's why: when possible, my mail
client acts as if the reply-to header wasn't munged. The only time
i don't CC you is when i explicitly remove your address from the CC
list. You have said that you find this useful; i have said that i find
it useful; i would like to suggest that you change the list so all of
us can do it quickly and easily.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org