the move to custom xml

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 8 15:52:39 PDT 2003

Yo,

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 11:07:08PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Errmm...I thought Alex's question was about the LFS-Book source format?
> You know...what the book is written in - was DocBook, now Latex I think,
> and might be LFSML in the future.  What you wrote was all about using XML
> to build LFS, not to write the book's content in, or have I got completely
> the wrong end of the stick (not for the first time!)?  Admittedly I
> realise that an XML authored book might make it easier to get the
> build-commands out of in an automated fashion, but I don't think this was
> the gist of the OP's question.

Actually, what Seth is talking about has *everything* todo with this.  He
may be 'scratching his own back' at the same time, but i'm willing to back
him, considering this is something I wish had been done a number of years
ago :P

[if anything, this makes even more sense _now_ that we are making our own
xml format]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org