gcc: unrecognized option `-02` PURE LFS

Andrew Calkin calkina at ece.curtin.edu.au
Tue Apr 8 23:13:39 PDT 2003

Hiya,

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 06:47:44AM +0100, Michael Villeza wrote:
>  --- Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote: >
> > Hmmm could be a typo, 0 (zero) instead of O.
> > Are you using the scripts? If so which gcc build...
> >
> > Regards
> > Ryan
> >
> Nope, I'm using the instructions on pure LFS book. I
> don't know what gcc build it is but it is the version
> included in RedHat Linux 6.2.

It should be "-O2", not "-02". It sets the level of compiler
optimization. If it was a typo in the book, Ryan is aware of
it now; if not, just use -O2 instead when typing commands. No
harm would have been done using -02, gcc just would not have
used compiler optimizations. Correct me if i'm wrong guys.

Regards,
Andrew
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org