-O3 optimization

Dan Osterrath do3 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Apr 9 06:01:26 PDT 2003

Am Mittwoch, 9. April 2003 14:38 schrieb Rodolfo Lima:
> Yeah, i'm already convinced that the best optimization can just be done by
> the programmer that did the software, as he knows with what he's messing
> with. I'll keep the -O2 that seems that everybody agrees.

We didn't want to force you to do so. You can take -O3 - I did it too once -
everything workes fine on a k6/2. I even did not recognized any difference in
performance on execution - compiling was quite slow with -O3.

%> ln -s /dev/null /dev/brain
%> ln -s /dev/urandom /dev/world
%> dd if=/dev/world of=/dev/brain