LFS Website

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 9 16:16:08 PDT 2003

Yo,

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 02:46:23PM -0700, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Maybe not to you but it was handy being able to just search the support or
> development list without getting ALFS, lfs-traducfr and links-list hits. But
> that's a highly personal thing. I suppose many people couldn't care less and
> will just sift through the results.

Heh.  I spend a fair amount of time just digging around trying to find
something decent to replace that god-awful aspseek setup we had
previously.  I do have to admit that the above is quite nice and handy,
but I was not able to get anything else working properly then swish-e.

[There aren't that many indexers that seem to like to crawl and fs instead
of an http server.  Soooo in-efficient :D]

> Bad code yes. In my defense I didn't design it, I just maintain code that was
> given to me by OSWD (open source website development - see link at the bottom
> of the page).

Geez man, that's a joke.  The design that you were given from OSWD, was
nothing like the current side.  And between him having to run off and do
other things and the basterdizing it's taken since then, it's nothing more
then a complete and utter hack.  Don't blame it on OSWD now... :)

For those that ever wanted to know what the original design of the site
looked like before it got completed hacked to pieces...  :)

http://gwaihir.linuxfromscratch.org/old-stuff/bkenoah/

Ahhh, those were the days.  In the mean time, i've started updating the
websites a bit.  All the mirrors (websites & packages) should be current
again, whee!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org