Okay let's get down to business again

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 9 16:50:38 PDT 2003

Yo,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 08:59:40AM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> That's why I'm trying to find something similar here (similar in reputation
> and price). I've found one good colo but they're terribly expensive. They
> charge $100 CDN rent a month for a rackmount server, plus $4 per GB of data
> transfer on top of that. The $100 rent doesn't include any bandwidth (unlike
> Jesse's colo that charges $100 but includes 10 GB already and costs only $2
> per extra GB unless you pre-order them at $1 per GB).

Id like to thank Dean Benson and Timothy Bauscher for donating a few
months back, had they not done that.. I doubt quasar would still be online
right now.  Also, recently Philippe Trottier and Joachim Schmeling have
contributed which is also making a difference.  All these guys have gone
out of their way to help me keep LFS online.  They deserve a good pat on
the back :-)

(Heh.. I do still owe my sister a full months bill though, boo :-)

It's actually funny.. I never would have though we could have gotten away
with such a low bandwidth usage.  When we were hosted with VA, we were
sooo spoiled.  We were eating ~0.5TB/month, and have gone down to about
50GB/month.  Just goes to show you, how much of that was dedicated to just
serving files via FTP/HTTP for the LFS packages.  We only eat about
~150kbps/sec, which is really not that much, but it still does add up!

Anyways, just wanted to give a plug to those that have donated to me
personally to help out with quasar.  GG #LFS Regulars.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org