plfs + powerpc

Edward Pinski pinskie at physics.uc.edu
Thu Apr 10 14:51:41 PDT 2003

> On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 10:26  PM, Edward Pinski wrote:
>
> > Okay dokey, after doing plfs(well not finished yet, at the second
> > glibc now),
> > there are a few issues with the patches, and the SPECFILE sed command.
> > For PPC, of course it's powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu by default, but you
> > knew this, and it doesn't use ld-linux.so.2, it uses ld.so.1.  So you
> > may want to mention this around there in the hint.  Also the spec.patch
> > for gcc, as seen on the patch, only edits gcc/config/i386/linux.h
> > attached is a patch that edits gcc/config/i386/linux.h and
> > gcc/config/rs6000/sysv4.h which will do what is needed.
>
> This is already implemented in Ryan's buildscripts.

Excuse me, buildscripts?  Does it look like i give a flying rat's
ass about buildscripts?  Does it lok like i even said I was using the
buildscripts?  I don't care WHAT is in so and so's buildscripts,
I care about what is in the TEXT.  I don't lfs with buildscripts, I
LFS with instructions, not an "alfs."  So maybe if they're going to
update buildscripts with something, why not just add it to the
damn TEXT file, rather than just thinking everybody uses the
buildscripts.  Last I checked, buildscripts are only for testing AFTER
things have been implemented correctly and completely, and work
when reading the instructions and running the commands by HAND.
So maybe you shouldn't just say it's already implemented somewhere
when it isn't implemented where it should be.  Now go back to
wherever you came, and learn how to read the TEXT, not just relay on
buildscripts, that could have errors in them, or anything else.

Edward Pinski
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org