plfs + powerpc

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Apr 10 17:57:40 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 09:33:26AM +1000, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Edward Pinski wrote:
> > So maybe if they're going to
> > update buildscripts with something, why not just add it to the
> > damn TEXT file, rather than just thinking everybody uses the
> > buildscripts.
>
> Mate, we actually test everything thoroughly first to prove it works, then
> it'll make it into the text.

And just to expand on that testing point. If the authors of the hint had
(more/better/any) access to non-x86 arch's then the hint's coverage of those
arch's would match x86.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink :-)

> Easiest way to ensure it is correct, have everyone running exactly the same
> instructions.
> Squish bugs early.
>
> BTW, what on earth is happening on this list? I am sensing so much bad
> attitude at the moment, used to be such a nice and friendly place...
>
> <Forest Gump voice> Mah momma always said, if you don't have anything nice
> to say...</Forest Gump voice>

Agreed. Personally, I've had to walk away from this list a few times over
the past few weeks i.e. I took momma'a advice :-)

If the peeps who do the work get abused, then it logically follows those
peeps will stop doing the work. Some certain ungrateful self-proclaimed
"authortities" on this list seem not to realise this.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org