Problems with long usernames

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Thu Apr 10 18:45:34 PDT 2003

1) Status: new
The bootscripts completely erase the contents of /var/run and then create
/var/run/utmp. They should create /var/run/utmpx also.

1) Status: unconfirmed
I could not create a user with more than 8 characters in name with useradd.
But my LFS was built with deviations from the book, the most important being
PAM. LDAP users with long names can login normally. The problem disappeared
after recompilation of shadow. Does it exist in LFS built exactly by the
book?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org