Glib-3.2.1 error using Pure LFS

Michael Villeza mvvilleza at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 00:58:49 PDT 2003

> Hmmm, interesting. I just checked the configure for
> glibc-2.3.2 and it
> indeed does seem that make-3.78.1 is too old for
> glibc. You've done the
> right thing by installing a newer make into /stage1.
>
> But I fail to see why the configure script would not
> select the 1st one
> found in the path.
>
> It looks like you can override the configure script
> by using the "MAKE"
> environment variable. Something like below might do
> the trick:-
>
>   MAKE=/stage1/bin/make CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
> ../glibc-2*/configure blah...
>
> Greg
> --
>I've tried your suggestion and it seem to work fine
until another error occurred, below is excerpt:

/bion/sh -e run-iconv-test.sh /mnt/lfs/src/glibc-build
> /mnt/lfs/src/glibc-build/iconvdata/iconv-test.out
/mnt/lfs/src/glibc-build/iconv/iconv_prog:memory
exhausted
make[2]: ***
[/mnt/lfs/src/glibc-build/iconvdata/iconv-test.out]
Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
'mnt/lfs/src/glibc-build/iconvdata'
make[1]: ***[iconvdata/tests] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/lfs/src/glibc-2.3.1'
make: ***[check] Error 2

All this are alien to me, pls provide help.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org