bug with tar, patch ? time to upgrade ?

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sat Apr 12 11:16:57 PDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 06:14:42PM +0200, Michenaud Laurent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can try that :
> cd /tmp
> mkdir -p site/{test1,test2}
> tar cfv test.tar site --exclude 'site/test2'
>
> site/test2 is included but it shouldnot.
>
> I have upgraded to tar 1.13.25 and the bug disappears.
>
> Maybe it is time to upgrade to this new version...
> At least, there should be a patch to correct this bug in the 1.13 version.

This is an old problem and well known. And archive search would show
many threads saying the same thing. The new tar wasn't included as it
was still listed alpha. I think (I might be wrong) that it is to be
included in the next LFS, though.

--
Archaic

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President or that we
are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic

- Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org