Updated buildscripts (2.2.7)

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Apr 13 01:55:25 PDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 10:58:40PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> 2. Ncurses doesn't get built with the usual CFLAGS and LDFLAGS variables.
> I now know why (it halted my build for about 30 mins while I tried to
> figure it out!) but there are no comments in the scripts, or any mention
> of the breakage in the pure_lfs.txt hint - and yes I do appreciate that
> the buildscripts are ahead of the hint, just thought I'd leave this as
> a "reminder"

All the other commands have mention of FLAGS. The ncurses commands do not.
>From that you are meant to deduce that passing FLAGS to ncurses is bad :-)

I'll say this again, I now regret adding the FLAGS stuff to the hint as it
diverts from the main focus.

If Gerard ever sticks this stuff in the book, I recommend not mentioning any
FLAGS at all (except for the global export of LDFLAGS="-s" which is 100%
safe).

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org