[patch] shaking up chapter 6 config text

Alex Groenewoud krisp at wanadoo.nl
Sun Apr 13 03:06:37 PDT 2003

Attached patch makes amends to the text of the last section of
chapter 6, "Configuring system components".

While wondering about the chmod 644, I noticed that the "--login"
flag is still passed to bash upon the chroot at the beginning of the
chapter.  But since we use /static, the .bash_profile file has been
dropped and there is no use anymore for "--login", I think.

Wouldn't it be a good idea, though, to set the umask right after
giving the chroot command?  If I understand things correctly, the
umask is  inherited from the root user of the host system and so
isn't guaranteed to be set to 022.  Or is this setting irrelevant
during the whole of chapter 6?

What is the plan, BTW?  To convert the DocBook sources or the Latex
sources to custom XML?

Alex