Updated buildscripts (2.2.7)

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Sun Apr 13 13:22:26 PDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 00:31:31 +0000 (UTC)
Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Also for those that have not been following on lfs-dev, please note that
> these scripts are a __test_framework__ .

As such could I ask that the coreutils section has a `make check-root`
command executed please?  `make check` will skip certain tests that
require root permissions which of course we don't have because we're an
unprivileged user when building aren't we boys and girls :)  When I first
saw this I thought, oh well I'll just run `make check` as root then, but
it has tests in there that require non-root privileges.  So I propose the
following after the initial `make check` (line 1006):

   which sudo > /dev/null
   if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
     sudo -u root make check-root \
       >>  ${LOGFILE} 2>&1 &&
     echo " o Test OK" &&
   fi

Of course this relies on the host having sudo
(http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/) already installed (or it being installed
prior to coreutils in chap 5.).  It also requires the LFS user to be
listed in /etc/sudoers in order to be able to execute anything under
`sudo` privileges.  I thought about using `su` instead as it should be
guaranteed to be available on any distro but you can't script the input of
a password (which would be ludicrous anyway having to specify root's
password in a clear text shell script!).

Just some food for thought :)

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org