Updated buildscripts (2.2.7)

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Sun Apr 13 16:42:19 PDT 2003

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> As such could I ask that the coreutils section has a `make check-root`
> command executed please?  `make check` will skip certain tests that
> require root permissions which of course we don't have because we're an
> unprivileged user when building aren't we boys and girls :)

Blame me, I run it all as root ( I know... I know... but I generally run
builds while at work or asleep... )

> When I first
> saw this I thought, oh well I'll just run `make check` as root then, but
> it has tests in there that require non-root privileges.  So I propose the
> following after the initial `make check` (line 1006):

<SNIP sudo explanation>

Have toyed with this a little bit, If you run as root you can
# su lfs -c "make check"

and then run the root checks afterwards...

> Just some food for thought :)

Thanks mate, theres a few things I'm gonna have to revisit, will be doing
some work on it tonight...

Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org