Updated buildscripts (2.2.7)

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Mon Apr 14 00:21:07 PDT 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:
> In actual fact, ldconfig is not needed . Glibc "knows" where it is
installed
> and all libs in /stage1/lib will be found by binaries linked against the
> glibc in /stage1/lib because the embedded dynamic linker in those
binaries
> is the one in /stage/lib.

Mostly true, apart from those c++ libs installed in
/stage1/usr/gcc-lib/blah ( if using --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
)
Without updating /stage1/etc/ld.so.conf and running /stage1/sbin/ldconfig
you may find some issues with stuff built against them (only ncurses IIRC
if the (highly unused) c++ bindings are built...)

> > One other thought - when someone get's around to updating the hint
could
> > they sync up the use of patches and seds (I'm thinking of ncurses here
in

> Not possible. I've written the hint to be somewhat in line with style of
the
> book i.e. it assumes interactive typing of the commands. Ryan's scripts
are
> exactly that, scripts. Lots of stuff gets done in scripts that one would
> never do interactively.

Note all the seds either replicate existing patches or should be
incorporated as patches when it comes to the book/hint.

> Also keep in mind that the scripts are really just a
> PLFS test harness

Hence the avoidance of patches where possible in it so as to test many
varied versions of packages

Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org