Glibc-3.2.1 make check error Pure LFS

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Tue Apr 15 03:02:26 PDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Michael Villeza wrote:
>
> > /mnt/lfs/src/glibc-build/stdio-common/tst-rndseek >
> /mnt/lfs/src/glibc-build/stdio-common/tst-rndseek.out
> > Timed out: the child process got signal Unknown signal 72
>
> > Got any idea guys?? I'm using RedHat Linux 6.2 on a
> > Pentium 133 64 MB RAM.
>
> The timeout is a good indicator... it aint the speediest hardware you have
> there ;-)
> You'll probably find it is OK ( I get this occasionally when I am stupid
> enough to be playing Wolf or watching DVD's while building ;-) ),
>
> next time round run a make -k check and see how far you get.
>
> Anyone got a spare moment to have a look through the glibc tests and find
> where the time limit is set ( /me slaving away at work in Slowlaris land )

Initial looks show glibc-2.3.2/test-skeleton.c with

   #ifndef TIMEOUT
     /* Default timeout is two seconds.  */
   # define TIMEOUT 2
   #endif
   alarm (TIMEOUT);
   signal (SIGALRM, timeout_handler);

and in timeout_handler

  else if (WIFSIGNALED (status))
    fprintf (stderr, "Timed out: the child process got signal %s\n",
             strsignal (WTERMSIG (status)));

However, I can't be sure this one is it yet - there are *many* instances
of TIMEOUT and timeout in the tree.

As you suggested, it will take some time to be sure.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org