Pure LFS and gawk

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Apr 17 04:18:57 PDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:25:15 +0000, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is PLFS not using gawk 3.1.2?  A search throws up 3 references to 3.1.2,
> >> non of them conclusive (to me at least (Hi Matthew)).
> >><snip>

> > I just finished a pass using 3.1.2 and a few other later pkgs. No probs,
> > no changes to the install instructions noted.
> ><snip>

> Thanks.  What about the patches, do you ignore, apply and use where they
> work, or what?  Aren't patches particular to the version being used?
>
> I'm talking about the gawk patch here, but the question applies across the
> board.

AFAICT, if a specific patch is important to the pure LFS stuff, Greg and
Ryan will detail that and include it in their stuff. Other patches would
be at the user's discretion. A read of the patch and/or (possibly) any
discussion around it would indicate if application of the patch is
appropriate.

For this particular patch, the first couple of changes look useful and
the last would be of *great* interest to those who don't install gawk in
its own private place and like to do 'make uninstall'.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org