Another package requires mktemp: glibc

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 18 15:15:46 PDT 2003

On Sat, 19, Apr, 2003 at 08:03:50AM +1000, Greg Schafer spoke thus..
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 01:27:48PM -0400, Zack Winkles wrote:
> > <pitch type="self-promotion">
> > Until then, you can grab lfs-utils here:
> > http://linuxfromscratch.org/~winkie/downloads/lfs-utils-0.2.tar.bz2
> > </pitch>
>
> Why have you:-
>
>  1) removed the copyright notice from mktemp.c ?

I'm not normally a licensing fanatic but I sincerely agree with Greg on
this one.  We want to keep relations good with all other people in the
open-source/free-software (pick which one you like) world.  I therefore
think that it's important to keep copyright notices intact - we'd be
unhappy if someone nicked the LFS or BLFS book and took the Copyright
notice off (or I would be anyways).

Zack, would you *please* consider adding the copyright notice back
in full.

Also, I think we should ask the debianutils maintainer whether there
should be a copyright notice on tempfile.c

Mark

"I never make predictions.  I never have and I never will."
     Tony Blair
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org