start-stop daemon

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Apr 20 04:07:06 PDT 2003

The attached patch allows dpkg to build (doesn't try to build the doc
stuff).

unfortunately the old way of cd into the directory and making
start-stop-daemon doesn't work anymore - but with the patch, run

./configure
make
cd utils
install -m755 start-stop-daemon /sbin
install -m644 start-stop-daemon.8 /usr/share/man/man8/

I'll do some testing on it - but I think this might be a better solution
than using loadproc()

Of course - I could be wrong about that ... :P

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 03:33, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> I don't mean to "wake the dead" but back when I first did LFS, it used
> the debian start-stop daemon.
>
> I'm curious as to the reason it no longer does.

edit - seems I have this list named "LDS Devel" in my address book-
Since I assume this isn't a Mormon list - I'll promptly change that typo
;)
--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>