Updated buildscripts (v2.2.8)

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sun Apr 20 10:56:31 PDT 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Zack Winkles wrote:

> Bill's LFS Login <lfsbill at wlmcs.com> wrote:
> <snip lots of su stuff>
>
> What does it matter if su passes all the tests or not? We use the su
> binary from shadow so it shouldn't matter.

As Erik pointed out. Otherwise, I am interested in the greater
understanding that comes with investigating and resolving problems of
this nature - very educational.

Taking your thought to the ultimate though, you are right. None of this
matters until you get booted to the new system. That's when everything
ought to be right. And certainly very little in chapter 5 matters as
long as chapter 6 toolchain stuff is right. But because chapter 6 stuff
depends on the (acceptably) correct installation and operation of
chapter 5 components, I would like to see the chapter 5 stuff go in
"right".

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com