Updated buildscripts (v2.2.8)

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sun Apr 20 11:14:21 PDT 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Erik-Jan wrote:

> Bill's LFS Login wrote:
>
> > uncovered here. Apologies for any confusion.
>
> OK :))
>

> > > enter the src-dir. Now we can do the test manually:
> >
> > cd tests/rm
> >
> <snip-a-lot>
> >
> > sh: ./rm: No such file or directory
>
> It looks like you've entered the tests-dir, instead of the src-dir.
> That's why sh can't find ./rm

pwd
/mnt/lfs/usr/src/coreutils-5.0
find . -name rm
./tests/rm

?? In the coreutils 5.0, there is a dir named src, but nothing under
there named rm. There is rm.c. That's because I had already ran install
when my patch worked ok. So I am getting the /stage1/bin/rm, which is
the result of all this. Is it important that I copy it back for your
test? Can do so if you want.

> Can you try the manual test again in src, with su and/or /stage1/bin/su?

Yep. I was in tests/rm looking at scripts and forgot to cd. Will do the
tests again. Away for a few hours - be late tonight (your time) before
I can do it again. I suspect the su part will act the same though.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org