Updated buildscripts (v2.2.8)

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Apr 21 11:42:14 PDT 2003

On 21 Apr 2003, Ronald Hummelink wrote:

> Erik and Bill,
>
> Have you looked at the coreutils maillist, I submitted 2 problems after
> investigating this with Seth Klein a little and Jim Meyering, the
> coreutils maintainer acknowledged the problems. (Someone else, Michael
> Deutschmann, submitted the problem alike)
>
> If you have working solutions for the 2 problems, consider submitting a
> patch to bug-coreutils?
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-coreutils/)

Thanks for that. I've never submitted a patch upstream, and so was being
a little cautious and hoping someone who knew the protocols would do it.

Since Ryan, Greg, You, Erik and I have all done some work on this, I am
not sure how/who should do it.

Also, my current fix has one (at least) glaring weakness. Since the
root-tests (and others) could be conceivably run *after* install, we
need to add a check that allows for the fact that rm may no longer be in
the src directory (5.0). So something like test -f ../../../../src/rm
and then adjust things to get it there or from somewhere in the PATH and
adjusted the expected is needed.

And we don't know yet what combination of fixes are going to be used.
Erik's is interesting - I don't know if it catches all my issues yet.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org