start-stop daemon

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Apr 21 22:49:13 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 21:27, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Hey, if nothing else you had fun writing new bootscripts (I hope) and learned
> a thing or two along the way.

Certainly did.
I actually did a bunch of boot script rewrite - I removed /etc/sysconfig
from the system (under the premise that /etc is the FHS host system
configuration directory) and rewrote the network, ifup, ifdown scripts
(all nics are now managed by a single nic.conf file) - and removed the
functions script from init.d (under premise that only init scripts
should be there).

That's the great thing about lfs - changing stuff won't break an update
from the vendor :D

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org