Confusion surrounding ordering the book and getting the discount

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 22 08:42:02 PDT 2003

Hi there,

It was brought to my attention from the publisher that there have been a lot
of people confused by the discount process, which is to be blamed on the
anouncement I posted to the list a few weeks ago.

The online web system is not setup to modify a price when special codes are
entered, so when you place your order it will list the full price at all
times. However, ther are humans behind the web interface who look at every
placed order. If the "LFS LIMITED PRICE" text was entered in the instructions
field, you will get the discount. The price to be charged to your credit card
will be adjusted manually after the order has been placed. Your credit card
will not be charged until the day your copy is being shipped out to you.

The estimated shipping date is still around the 28th of this month. It's a
matter of logistics now. The book is printed, we're just waiting for it to be
sent from the printing shop (in Quebec, Canada) to the distribution centre
(Lodi, California)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org