start-stop daemon

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 23 06:59:43 PDT 2003

On April 22, 2003 08:37 pm, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> I have added patches to disable installation of duplicate binaries so
> that the packages can be upgraded in any order.

Aww where's the fun in that ;)

Seriously now, I also think that's the better way to go. We made a start there
with the sh-utils-hostname patch to prevent building the hostname program
from it. More of such patches will be added to the book for sure. It's been a
thorn in my eye for quite some time (but not quite painful enough to have
done something about it until now)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org