compiling pure lfs on sparc

Juan York juan at digitalkindred.org
Wed Apr 23 19:12:32 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 01:57:20 +0000, Ryan.Olive wrote:

> Juan York wrote:
> <snip>
> Just as a matter of interest, have you given it a try with gcc-3.2.1 or
> 3.2?
> Must admit I haven't given it a go with 3.2.2 ...

They both fail with the same error.

What confuses me is that the definition of those two types is inside
stdio.h is inside an

#ifdef __USE_BSD

statement

which just doesn't sound kosher.

If I comment out those two lines in /usr/include/stdio.h so that
they are only defined in strerror.c then I get a little farther and it
bails at

collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
/stage1/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `gengenrtl.o'
is incompatible with sparc output
make[2]: *** [gengenrtl] Error 1
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Could it be that my host distribution is hosed somehow. It was my first
install of linux on a non x86 architecture. I've never really used debian
before either. Do you guys reccomend something other than debian to start
from as a base?

-J

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org