LFS and db-4.1.25

Mike Kaufman kaufman at orion.physics.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 23 19:35:35 PDT 2003

has anyone had any problems with the new berkeley db?

I recently installed a new system (around Feb 20) mainly the book, but with
updated packages where available and the 2.5 kernel. When I went to install
postfix (which needs db), I found that postfix wasn't creating databases
properly. The problem was db itself.

doing something like:

trajan:~ % echo key > test ; echo value >> test
trajan:~ % db_load -T -t hash test.db < test
trajan:~ % db_dump test.db
VERSION=3
format=bytevalue
type=hash
db_pagesize=4096
HEADER=END
DATA=END

so there's nothing in the database; there should be something like this:

orpheus:~/src/db-4.1.25/build_unix % ./db_dump test.db
VERSION=3
format=bytevalue
type=hash
h_nelem=1
db_pagesize=4096
HEADER=END
 6b6579
 76616c7565
DATA=END

(which is from another LFS system installed about a year ago, but with the
same db version)

The main differences are new system has 2.5.66-bk11 kernel and GCC 3.2.2
and the old system has 2.4.19 and GCC 3.0.3

So before I start trying more drastic things, I thought I'd check here
first (and since sleepycat doesn't have a public mailing list...). Has
anyone seen this? Does anyone have a clue?

-mike
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org