compiling pure lfs on sparc

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Wed Apr 23 19:40:25 PDT 2003

Juan York wrote:
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
> /stage1/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file
`gengenrtl.o'
> is incompatible with sparc output

sparcv9, thats generally 64bit ultrasparc...

I'm guessing here but it looks like the assembler is producing output for
ultrasparc 64bit where it should be assembling for sparc

What was the target binutils was built for ( easisest check is to see what
the name of the install directory was ie: /stage1/sparc-sun-linux-gnu or
/stage1/sparc64-sun-linux-gnu )

Ummm, what is it detecting the host type as?
sparc64-sun-linux-gnu or sparc-sun-linux-gnu?

You may want to rebuild binutils for target sparc-sun-linux-gnu and try
again...

HTH anyway, let us know how you go
Regards
Ryan