compiling pure lfs on sparc

Juan York juan at digitalkindred.org
Wed Apr 23 19:59:00 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:44:02 +0000, Ryan.Olive wrote:

> Juan York wrote:
>> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
>> /stage1/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file
> `gengenrtl.o'
>> is incompatible with sparc output
>
> sparcv9, thats generally 64bit ultrasparc...
>
> I'm guessing here but it looks like the assembler is producing output for
> ultrasparc 64bit where it should be assembling for sparc
>
> What was the target binutils was built for ( easisest check is to see what
> the name of the install directory was ie: /stage1/sparc-sun-linux-gnu or
> /stage1/sparc64-sun-linux-gnu )
>
> Ummm, what is it detecting the host type as?
> sparc64-sun-linux-gnu or sparc-sun-linux-gnu?

yeah I tracked down this problem, unfortunately all the binutils on the
box are 64 bit, so I cannot create one in 32 bit mode.

I think I'm starting to get a grip on this dual architecture thing now.
Unfortunately I think it will make my job much more complicated since it
looks like i'm going to need two seperate versions of gcc/binutils one for
32 bit mode and one for 64bit mode.

Unfortunately I think i'm going to run out of time on this one :(.

-J

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org