PLFS 2.8 beginner problem.

Zack Winkles winkie at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 24 04:34:19 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:31:53 +1000
Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> you cant use gcc-2.95.3 to build glibc 2.3.x
>
> You did build binutils and gcc-3.2.x first didn't you?
> And did you change your path to put /stage1/bin and /stage/sbin first?

They're probably referring to your scripts. For some odd reason, when
using your instructions to install gcc 2.95.3, nothing actually get
suffixed with -2.95.3. The default gcc gets overwritten. At least that's
what happened to me and seems to have happened to this guy. And yes,
before you ask, I checked 3 times over that I specified
--program-suffix="-2.95.3". What's the deal man?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org