start-stop daemon

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Apr 25 17:36:20 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 12:40, Matthias Benkmann wrote:

> How about this one instead
>
> #!/bin/bash
> type -pa "$@" | head -1 ; exit ${PIPESTATUS[0]}
>

> MSB

I can think of another place that belongs - someone on blfs stated that
their XFree86 installed even though the make world failed - I bet it was
the |tee to log the build that had the exit status of 0 (thus allowing
&& make install to proceed).

I'll have to do a test xfree86 that I _know_ will fail and see if that's
the case - and if exit ${PIPESTATUS[0]} would fix it ...

> Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Great sig :D

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org