Glibc 2.3.2 Build Failure

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Apr 26 14:50:05 PDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On March 30, 2003 10:44 pm, Casey wrote:
> > Alright, looking through the log file I found that glibc was not finding
> > the include files in its own install directory. Using the following
> > configure command fixed the problem:
> >
> > CPPFLAGS="-I/tmp/glibc/glibc-2.3.2/include/ -I/tmp/glibc/glibc-2.3.2/ \
> > -I/tmp/glibc/glibc-2.3.2/sysdeps/generic/" ../glibc-2.3.2/configure
> >
> > Does anyone know why this is happening, or if there is an easier way to
> > fix the errors without forcing the include directories? Please help.
>
> I assume the build problem with glibc-2.3.2 has been fixed using the pure-lfs
> build method, but has a better fix been found when using the old style
> installation method?

 I've seen postings from people who apparently managed to build it at
the start of chapter 6, but I never managed (might possibly be an
architecture issue, the people succeeding seemed to be on i686), and
since I'm planning to move to pure_lfs real soon now, I've mostly stuck
with 2.3.1.  I saw a post from somebody who had just built lfs with 2.3.1,
and then built 2.3.2 at the end, and it seemed to work.  I've recently
built chapter 6 on my iBook with 2.3.1 at the beginning and then 2.3.2 at
the end.  It appears to work, but I've a lot of iBook specifics to sort
out (not least, getting a good kernel with a better config) before I can
give it a thorough test.

Ken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org