the move to custom xml

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 26 19:14:14 PDT 2003

On April 7, 2003 03:09 pm, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> Some months ago there was talk of converting the book to custom XML
> to escape the horrors of DocBook.  As I suppose version 4.1 won't
> be released until April 28th, now seems to be the ideal time to do
> that conversion.  I guess Seth is all set to begin the attack.
>
> What is your stance on this, Gerard?

I suppose it's obvious by now that I didn't intend to do so. Just a time
constraint. I've only finished some large projects for work last Thursday
that finally give me a lot more free time for the next forseeable future.
After the release of LFS-4.1 around Monday, I'll have a look at that XML
stuff and decide if that'll happen first, or get some work on the book done
first. Both are important to me, I just have to decide which one is slightly
more important.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org