Glibc-3.2.1 make check error Pure LFS

Michael Villeza mvvilleza at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 06:55:50 PDT 2003

 > As Ryan suggested in his post, I think there is a
> strong possibility
> that the TIMEOUT needs to be increased. The failing
> module contains
>
>    #define TIMEOUT 10
>
> which allows 10 seconds for the test to run. The
> test writes some
> testdata, reads it, runs 10000 random seeks 6 times.
> The speed of
> the cpu would suggest a slow HD also and the limited
> RAM may be causing
> a fair amount of swap activity. So I think if you
> change
> glibc-2.3.2/stdio-common/tst-rndseek.c, line 13
> to... 30?, maybe it will
> go.

I followed your suggestion and got another error.
Something like large file or unable to write large
file. I tried to re-run make check and to my surprise,
there were no errors. Pls tell me if this is ok so I
can continue Pure LFS without any worries.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org