TODO list

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 28 13:38:29 PDT 2003

Hi there,

A lot of things have built up that need to be taken care. This list serves as
a general idea of what needs to be done. It's ordered by priority, so first
thing should be done first. Where possible I'll include a timeline when I
want to see it done by.

1) Release LFS-4.1. I'm already working on this, the files are created. Just
going to give it a quick look-over before uploading it and updating the
website. Maybe 30 more minutes.

3) Update Bugzilla, adding items such as the pure-lfs.txt inclusion. Some of
these items are already in Bugzilla, some (like plfs) not yet. I'll take care
of this myself today after LFS-4.1 is up and running.

2) Re-prioritize all the confirmed bugs in Bugzilla. I'll also take care of
this today.

3) Deal with the unconfirmed bugs currently in Bugzilla. During the test
builds I performed over the last few days I looked into some of these. I
think most of them can be dealt with while I'm working on #2, but some may
require another test build to investigate properly. Therefore I don't have a
timeline for this. Majority will be done today, some items may be postponed
until tomorrow.

I'll post a message here with all the unconfirmable bugs, I'm sure somebody on
this list has an answer already that doesn't require me doing another LFS
build.

4) When #3 is done I'll have an estimated time required to fix each bug.
This'll make it easier to pick bugs to fix (ie if you're low on time pick the
ones that will take the least amount of time, etc) and more importantly will
give us an idea how long before LFS-5.0 might be ready to go through the
release candidate cycles.

Items #1 through #4 will keep me busy until tomorrow. Depending on time left
and you guys' schedules, we could potentially start working on the book
tomorrow again.

Until these bugs are sorted out, now much else should be done. I'll post more
tomorrow when I finish these 4 things. After that we can really start
planning better.

Next stop, LFS-4.1

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org