LFS-4.1 has been released

Lux lpiolnet at netscape.net
Mon Apr 28 22:46:02 PDT 2003

gerard at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After a very long wait, LFS-4.1 has finally been released. You can view it
>online from the main LFS site - www.linuxfromscratch.org at the moment.
>Mirror sites will be updated within the next 24 hours.
>
>Enjoy building your new LFS systems.
>
>--
>Gerard Beekmans
>www.linuxfromscratch.org
>
>-*- If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem -*-

I've successfully built a LFS/PLFS system with the following packages:
- autoconf-2.57
- automake-1.7.3
- bash-2.05b
- bin86-0.16.11
- binutils-2.13.2.1
- bison-1.875 (+ bison-1.75 for compatibility issues)
- bzip2-1.0.2
- diffutils-2.8.1
- e2fsprogs-1.33
- ed-0.2
- file-4.02
- fileutils-4.1
- findutils-4.1
- flex 2.5.27 (flex-2.5.31 breaks modutils build)
- gawk-3.1.2
- gcc-2.3.2 (+ gcc-2.95.3 for compatibility issues)
- gettext-0.11.5
- glibc-2.3.2 (+ glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.2)
- grep-2.5.1
- groff-1.18.1
- gzip-1.2.4a
- kbd-1.08
- less-381
- lfs-bootscripts-1.11
- l ibtool-1.5
- m4-1.4o
- make-3.80
- makedev-1.7
- man-1.5l
- ncurses-5.3
- linux-2.4.20 (beta kernel 2.5.68 possible to use but sysklogd should
be patched)
- man-pages-1.56
- modutils.2.4.25
- netkit-base-0.17
- net-tools-1.60
- patch-2.5.4
- perl-5.8.0
- procinfo-18
- procps-3.1.8
- psmisc-21.2
- sed-4.0.7
- shadow-4.0.3
- sh-utils-2.0
- sysklogd-1.4.1
- sysvinit-2.85
- tar-1.13
- texinfo-4.5
- textutils-2.1
- util-linux-2.11z
- vim-6.1
- zlib-1.1.4

Well, I think that now some packages could be really updated in cvs
version or next LFS version.

Bye,
Luca

--
Set my star upon your banners and go forward in joy and victory. None
shall deny you, and none shall stand before you, because of the Sword of

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org