TODO list

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 29 21:14:37 PDT 2003

On April 28, 2003 02:38 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

Well, 1-3-2-3-4 --- I guess I can't count.

> 1) Release LFS-4.1. I'm already working on this, the files are created.
> Just going to give it a quick look-over before uploading it and updating
> the website. Maybe 30 more minutes.

Completed.

> 3) Update Bugzilla, adding items such as the pure-lfs.txt inclusion. Some
> of these items are already in Bugzilla, some (like plfs) not yet. I'll take
> care of this myself today after LFS-4.1 is up and running.

Completed.

> 2) Re-prioritize all the confirmed bugs in Bugzilla. I'll also take care of
> this today.

Completed.

> 3) Deal with the unconfirmed bugs currently in Bugzilla. During the test
> builds I performed over the last few days I looked into some of these. I
> think most of them can be dealt with while I'm working on #2, but some may
> require another test build to investigate properly. Therefore I don't have
> a timeline for this. Majority will be done today, some items may be
> postponed until tomorrow.

Completed.

> I'll post a message here with all the unconfirmable bugs, I'm sure somebody
> on this list has an answer already that doesn't require me doing another
> LFS build.

Was not necessary I was able to figure it all out on my own. Aren't you proud
of me ;o)

> 4) When #3 is done I'll have an estimated time required to fix each bug.
> This'll make it easier to pick bugs to fix (ie if you're low on time pick
> the ones that will take the least amount of time, etc) and more importantly
> will give us an idea how long before LFS-5.0 might be ready to go through
> the release candidate cycles.

I'm afraid I don't have those estimated yes. They're next on my TODO list for
tomorrow. Dealing with the unconfirmed bugs too slightly longer than
anticipated and I'm tired now *g*

But we don't really need to wait until these time estimates are finished.
It'll be nice to have down the road so we can plan things a bit, but until
then we can start get started. I'll just catch up with it later.

If you look at the current bug priorities you'll see that all the packages
updates (and some other items) are P1 and switching to PLFS is P2. I'm not
sure if that's the right things to do, so let me start a new thread and
discuss that.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

<!-- Linux Consultant --- OSDN -->
<!-- Technical Writer --- CheapBytes -->

<!-- If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem -->

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org