Update to current packages or PLFS first?

Richard A Downing geek109 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 04:27:57 PDT 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> As far as I can see we have two options to get development started again:
>
> 1) Begin with updating to all the latest packages, or
> 2) Integrating the pure-lfs.txt hint, or

Gerard,
I think you would be best served by moving over to PLFS first.  It builds so
well and, by running the checks on the toolchain as they build, you get the
great feeling of knowing the tools ought to build the rest.  And then they
do!
I'd also go straight to coreutils as it works fine and cuts the build load.
Richard.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org