Update to current packages or PLFS first?

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Wed Apr 30 07:33:48 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 17:47, Tony Sequeira wrote:

> Sounds great, move to GRUB, and help me, as I could NOT get GRUB
> working with a separate boot partition (non LV) and other LVM
> partitions. IMO the boot scripts needed a lot of hacking to get this
> combination working, so I decided to shelve it for a future date.

GRUB,
/boot <- /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
LVM   <- /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2

That's what is on our new server (thanks to PLFS authors, btw). GRUB 0.93
"just works..."

Another problem is that I could not get the onboard RAID controller working.
It is Promise FastTrak 100 (20267 or 20277, can't remember now). It hangs the
kernel.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org