Update to current packages or PLFS first?

Cameron Thorne zeke1138 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 09:02:16 PDT 2003

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> GRUB,
> /boot <- /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
> LVM   <- /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2
>
> That's what is on our new server (thanks to PLFS authors, btw). GRUB 0.93
> "just works..."
>
> Another problem is that I could not get the onboard RAID controller working.
> It is Promise FastTrak 100 (20267 or 20277, can't remember now). It hangs the
> kernel.

I run my boot partition on /dev/md/0 (non-LVM) and the /dev/md/1 is a
big PV for LVM.  GRUB can't boot from linux-raid stuff, so I stick with
LILO. :( The way the newer version of LILO deal with software-RAID1 is
really, really nice.

Does anyone know if this lack-thereof-feature has changed recently or is
going to be addressed by GRUB developers soon?

-- Cameron

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org