Update to current packages or PLFS first?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 30 10:41:30 PDT 2003

On April 29, 2003 10:25 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

How about a third possibility.

Update to PLFS and latest packages all at once. There's not a lot of testing
that needs to be done on these latest packages anyways. I've installed LFS
systems already and did not encounter any problems, except for that minor
Glibc hickup with it needing /bin/pwd and that header file (assert.h IIRC).

Normally I wouldn't suggest doing these two major things at the same time, but
pure-lfs and the newer packages have had a lot of testing already. All that's
left is update the version numbers, and a new patch here and there.

I'll let you guys ponder on that one and declare me either crazy or efficient
;o)

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org