Glibc 2.3.2 Build Failure

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 13:32:48 PDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:32:52 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> On April 30, 2003 10:40 am, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> > The information about building newer releases doesn't actually belong
> > in the FAQ so it should be put where it belongs (and if there is no
> > such place, one should be created). If pressure is applied to those
> > responsible for doing this and they prove unresponsive, i will
> > consider doing something more. Until then....
>
> It belongs in the book but until time is made to update to those
> packages, it'd be nice to have such info somewhere. I suppose the most
> logical place would be an LFS-Hint if somebody is available to actively
> maintain it. Count me out for that task though...
>
> Volunteers?

I maintain a page which lists the most recent versions (in some cases its
even alpha/beta versions) at
http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/~ca9mbu/lfs_packages.html.  It lists
problems/gotchas associated with compiling the most recent versions along
with links to associated lfs-dev or official mailing list threads.  Would
this serve as a good enough base?  If so then I'm prepared to maintain it
a bit better than I currently do (a new site design is in the pipeline -
just need a day or to to make sure everything's updated correctly).

Regards,

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org