How will pure-lfs be integrated?

James Iwanek chthon at chthon-uk.com
Wed Apr 30 14:44:25 PDT 2003

Bill's LFS Login wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
>> Let me answer that question before it's asked (again).
>>
>> I just read the latest version on linuxfromscratch.org/~greg/ and[...]
>
>> Tomorrow after work I will start an LFS build using the PLFS method with
>> all the current package versions (whatever will be current as of tomorrow
>> afternoon). I'll be modifying the XML locally as I go (which I expect
>> might take several hours to complete all the testing) and commit
>> everything in one big commit when I'm done. This will help keep CVS in
>> working order.
>
> Caveat: keep in mind that GS himself points out that the hint is behing
> the test harness. You may save y'self some grief by grabbing a copy of
> 2.2.8 scripts from Ryan and using them in conjunction with the pure
> hint.
>
> If you already thought of this, apologies.

for the last week ive been converting the scripts into something which can
be easily read. it works for a full build here (YMMV)

gerard this should make your life easier
but you will have to strip out the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS (unless they are going
to be used in the book)

buildch5 and buildch6 should be self explanitory
changes is just some notes (and extra instructions that i use), i doubt that
it will be much use except for the arch script which many programs seem to
make use of, whichever program actually has arch in it will replace the
version provided here so no extra changes are required to use it

anyway hope this helps ;-)
--
Jay

ps: if anyone wants to bash about the attached files a bit then please mail
me the end results (would be much appreciated)