How will pure-lfs be integrated?

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Apr 30 15:22:05 PDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On April 30, 2003 03:19 pm, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> > Caveat: keep in mind that GS himself points out that the hint is behing
> > the test harness. You may save y'self some grief by grabbing a copy of
> > 2.2.8 scripts from Ryan and using them in conjunction with the pure
> > hint.
>
> Can you run that by me again please?
>
> Safe myself what kind of grief? Is there anything in the buildscripts not in
> the hint?

Based on your previous post re the inclusion of a mojority of the hint
text in the book, I felt you might be focused on it while doing your
upgrades. Since the hint tend to run behinf the test scripts, vis-a-vis
versions, maybe some new flags, etc., I just wanted to give a "heads up"
to suggest that you use the scripts in conjunction with the hints text.
AFAIK, the scripts do have the latest of everything (except that some
package versions are not critical to the pure effort, like which
binutils you choose to use is not critical).

Didn't mean to alarm unnecessarily.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com