How will pure-lfs be integrated?

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Wed Apr 30 18:12:14 PDT 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I'll have a look at the scripts, but I don't think it's really necessary.
> All the commands to be executed are in the hint as well and in the end it
> matter little where I copy'n'paste from.

Commands are mostly the same for the toolchain build as is in the hint
(that hasn't really changed since january), except the script handles
multiple architectures and also modifies the specs for 64-bit platforms.

What the script buys you is guaranteed-to-work install instructions for
pretty much everything else, and some additional patches (implemented as
seds)

Bill and myself have also got all of ch6 pretty much sorted as well
(cobbled together from contributions from Nicolas Roeser, Bill, Myself,
Greg) so we can supply ch6 build order and reqd patches/mods as well.

> Unless I'm totally misunderstanding the
> point?

The hint is pretty much toolchain only, and though there hasn't been any
need to modify the toolchain portion of the build it isn't what we have
currently been testing our builds against.

Best bet is probably use hint text, but check ALL build instructions
against the scripts.

Either way I'll be able to help out, finally have an internet connection at
home (woohoo!)

Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org