Any idea when gcc 3.3 will be out?

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 18:26:10 PDT 2003

On Thu, 1 May 2003 01:18:51 +0000 (UTC)
steveb at creek-and-cowley.com (Steve Bougerolle) wrote:

> I've been following the Pure LFS stuff and discussion of optimizing
> flags and so on and am getting keen to build a new Best System, but I've
> been stalling for a long time waiting for gcc 3.3 (just in case it
> breaks binary compatibility again).
>
> Does anyone know what the latest guesstimate for a release date is?

Not sure whether you checked http://gcc.gnu.org/ before posting, but it
mentions its now in pre-release stage at the moment, so I'd guess it's
pretty close now.  I also read somewhere today (sorry, forgot where) that
it wasn't expected to be very long at all between gcc-3.2.3 and gcc-3.3.
Looking at the mailing list briefly for the last 2 days there's a big
thread called "gcc 3.3" you might want to take a look - see if it mentions
timescales in there: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-04/msg01430.html
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org