How will pure-lfs be integrated?

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Apr 30 17:26:17 PDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On April 30, 2003 04:22 pm, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> > Didn't mean to alarm unnecessarily.
>
> I wasn't really alarmed, I just couldn't figure out what you meant. Just
> confused me mostly.
>
> I'll have a look at the scripts, but I don't think it's really necessary. All
> the commands to be executed are in the hint as well and in the end it matter
> little where I copy'n'paste from. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding the
> point?

If Ryan's testing had discovered a need for a new switch setting
somewhere (for example, --no-fix-includes or --with-zlib) that had not
yet made it to the hint, having his scripts available to check against
what you are gleaning from the hint might have saved an extra
test/corect/test cycle. That's all I had in mind.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org