HJL vs FSF binutils debate

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Wed Apr 30 18:39:17 PDT 2003

G'day all,

This debate continues to go on, but I can think of a possible resolution...

Supply build instructions for both and leave the choice up to the user,
explaining the merits of both.

This'll make it easier for people to build HJL when they want to play with
the development kernel (and you guys have to admit, we are all tinkerers
and most who come across the book generally seem to want to play on the
bleeding edge)

The build instructions are similar (even more so if you use the backported
libpath configure option patch to FSF), all that requires mentioning is for
HJL binutils you may need 'make configure-host'

Thoughts?
[R]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org